Thera-D Vitamin D3
24 28 $24.00
- A high quality, independently tested and certified vitamin D3 supplement.
- Directions for Use: Take one tablet per day,
- or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- Take with a meal.
- 1 Tablet provides 2000 IU or 4000 IU active Vitamin D3.
- Q. What is the difference between vitamin D2 and vitamin D3?
- A. There are two different types of vitamin D: D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol). Vitamin D2 is the plant form of vitamin D. When produced commercially, it is made from yeast. Prescription vitamin D products are made with vitamin D2.
- Vitamin D3 is the type of vitamin D produced in our skin after exposure to sunlight. It is also the type of vitamin D found in fatty fish such as salmon and herring. Most supplements, including Thera-D, source their vitamin D3 from lanolin.
- Our bodies metabolize vitamin D3 more effectively than vitamin D2, and vitamin D3 supplementation is less likely to result in toxicity. Recent studies have shown that daily vitamin D3 is 2 to 3 times more efficient than high-dose weekly or monthly vitamin D2. For these and other reasons, vitamin D3 is considered to be the superior supplemental form of vitamin D.
- Q. How should I take Thera-D?
- A. It is best to take Thera-D with a meal that contains some fat. Because vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin, studies suggest that vitamin D may be better absorbed with a larger meal or with a meal containing a decent amount of fat (Example: salmon and a salad with dressing contains a decent amount of healthy fat).
- Q. What are the benefits of vitamin D?
- A. Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that plays several important roles in our bodies. It is an essential factor for the regulation of calcium balance. It helps us absorb calcium, thus promoting the development and maintenance of strong bones.*
- Research over the last decade has revealed that vitamin D is not only important for bone health, but it plays a vital role throughout our bodies. Vitamin D deficiency has been associated with an increased risk of various health conditions.*
- Vitamin D is also important for neuromuscular function, and studies have shown that supplementing with vitamin D may help decrease the risk of falls in the elderly.